Saturday, February 14, 2009

why do birds suddenly appear...


In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I made a card for my husband but I also managed to fit in a challenge while I was at it. It's not your typical V-Day colors but I feel like I have spring on my mind already. Actually the Texas weather has been feeling pretty springy as well!


The challenge at the A muse lounge was to use create a card inspired by music, I chose the song 'Close to you' by the Carpenters....so cheesy but so good! It's been a while since I made a card so I really had to pull back some, I wanted to put stickles in the holes of the yellow paper. Less is more right?

Stamps: A muse. Paper: Doodlebug sparkle paper and paper frills. Ink: Memento, Spica & Copic. Stickers: A Muse twinke stickers.

4 comments:

Beach Girl 115 said...

Rose, your card is so creative! Happy valentine's day to you and your hubby.

Lisa said...

Love the colors - they do make you think of spring!! Great card!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute Rose! I love the colors you used! And now this song is stuck in my head!! Thanks so much for playing along with the A Muse Lounge challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so bright and cheery, I love it. That's a catchy tune. Now I'll be singing it all day!