Monday, August 18, 2008

Patiently waiting...


It's only days until the release of the new Halloween images. I can't wait!! So while I was waiting, I came across all the cool sneaks that the A muse design team posted. One of my absolute favorites was a sentiment 'You're Bewitching' in the old Bewitching font...love it! So I made with the card with the intent of buying that stamp and adding it later, hence the tons of white space.
The hardest part about this card was the background. Again I asked my husband's opinion about the card and he felt the white was too stark. So I played with a few options. First I used pencils and gamsol but it was too much space to blend nicely. Next I tried Copic brush strokes but it was too streaky. Finally I settled on a combination of Copic brush strokes and color pencil on top. To color the fence and grass I use a sponge dauber to tap brown/green chalk ink for a smoky look. The harvest moon was done with gamsol and color pencils, I added a glow using the yellow Spica glitter pen.

The little witch is a cute $1 stamp from Michael's, I picked it up during my covert operation for the MS punches! It couldn't be more perfect for soon to be mine A muse stamp.

Images: Studio G (witch) A muse (House). Ink: Colorbox Chalk, Memento, Spica glitter pen, copic marker, koh-i-noor pencils. Paper: PTI white.


No comments: