Sunday, September 7, 2008

a shrinky dink experiment...

So one of the Addicts, Jennie, posted a tutorial on how to use shrinky dinks. It was really easy to follow along but I think I'm going to need more practice. I used the clear shrinky dink film and that may be my first problem. The clear one left a lot of finger prints smudges so I had to be careful with handling it. After that it took a few tries to shrink it down to size without the edges curling up or third degree burns on my fingertips! Now the tutorial warns about this but my brain choose to ignore this tip the first two times I tried it working with the hot little charm.

On to the card, this idea was floating around in my head and I'm 100% sure if I like the end result. I wanted to use the angel and devil from the most recent A muse release as the typical good/evil situation. Obviously the bandit chose the latter! To make the bank I used the Surf Shop and masked the surfing supplies. In the end I might try to rework this later with a little more color.

Images: A muse. Paper: A muse & DCVW. Ink: Memento, Copic, Prismacolor Markers, Sharpie markers.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cute card, clever idea.

Jennie M said...

This is an adorable card Rose! I love it!! Looks like you did an awesome job with the shrink plastic too!!